The cost includes a standard divorce package, based on an uncontested divorce or dissolution. There is only one ground, that the marriage/civil partnership has irretrievably broken down. However, the Petitioner must prove one of five facts:-
- That the Respondent has committed adultery and the Petitioner cannot be expected to continue living with the Respondent (this is not applicable to civil partnerships as it is technically only possible to commit adultery within a relationship between two people of opposite sexes)
- The Respondent has exhibited unreasonable behaviour and the Petitioner cannot be expected to continue to live with the Respondent
- The Respondent has deserted the Petitioner for a period of two years
- The Petitioner and the Respondent have been living separately for more than two years and both parties agree to a divorce/dissolution
- The Petitioner and the Respondent have been living separately for more than five years (the Respondent does not have to agree to a divorce/dissolution in this case)
An additional fee over and above our costs has to be paid; this is presently a £550 for court fees.