A Will provides certainty and protects those who are left behind. The creation of a Will saves worry and heartache at a time of great emotional stress.
Other benefits include:
- Choosing who inherits assets
- Enables you to give specific items to specific people
- Avoids intestacy whereby the law determines who benefits from an estate
- Reduces financial problems for beneficiaries
- Executors and legal guardians can be chosen
- Stated funeral arrangements and decisions in relation to burial, cremation, etc
- Avoids family disputes.
A basic Will includes:
- Appointment of Executors
- Appointment of Guardians
- Funeral arrangements
- Gifting of the whole estate (an extra charge will be made for specific gifts)